The Careers Department at Latymer Upper School offers an excellent service to its students, supporting their decision-making process and helping them to develop the skills they will need to succeed in the globally connected world of work in the 21st century.
Our department is consistently working towards meeting the guidelines for good career practice as outlined in the eight Gatsby Benchmarks. These benchmarks define the best approach to careers provision in schools:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Careers information and advice is led by a specialist team and delivered holistically by all staff at Latymer. Subject teachers, tutors, the Academic Mentoring Department, Careers staff and other support staff all play their part in guiding student decision-making and progression, both formally and informally.
The Careers Department is also supported by the Careers Task Group: a non-executive board of alumni, parents, students and staff.
Principal staff includes:
- Head of Careers
- Careers Coordinator
- Head of International University Applications
- Oxbridge Applications Coordinator
- Medical, Veterinary and Dental Applications Coordinator
Our offer to students and parents comprises two parts: the core provision accessible to all, and a progressive curriculum of optional learning experiences. This means that students have access to quality sources of independent and impartial advice whenever they need it and are exposed to a range of opportunities for personal growth.