Latymer Upper’s Saturday School was launched in 1995 and offers an opportunity for up to 150 pupils in Year 6 from local primary schools to experience both familiar and new subjects in a senior school setting.
Taught by Latymer Upper staff, supported by Sixth Form volunteers, lessons are innovative and creative. Participating children are of all abilities and are picked by their head teachers as being those who may benefit most from coming to our Saturday School.
Saturday School currently runs from January — Easter 2017, 9:45am –12pm
THE AIMS OF SATURDAY SCHOOL
- To bridge the gap between primary school and secondary school
- To widen and deepen pupils’ knowledge and learning
- To enrich the quality of learning and raise educational achievement
- To raise the children’s confidence in a secondary school setting
- To complement work in primary schools
- To engage children in a fun and sociable learning environment
- To develop pupils’ social skills and awareness
“They thoroughly enjoyed being exposed to a much broader curriculum and would ‘bounce’ into school on Mondays and couldn’t wait to tell me what they had learnt. They have matured during their time at Latymer.” comment from participating primary school
We are very grateful to Adam Phones for their generous sponsorship. "By so many measures Latymer Upper School is a truly unique institution. It shaped my earlier life as it continues to do so today. The debt of gratitude I owe to Latymer will be impossible to ever fully repay. As a former pupil of a local primary school in Chiswick, it is with great pleasure that we provide our support for Saturday School." Adam Toop (Class of 1984)